Kim Wilkerson Founder’s Award Scholarship Criteria 2013
1. Scholarship is limited to use at an accredited degree granting institution of higher learning.
2. Four (4) items are required for application: A copy of candidate’s résumé, one (1) reference letter, the scholarship application (Click here to download application in MSWord) and evidence of enrollment.
3. Scholarships are paid directly to the candidate based on written acknowledgment that the scholarship award will be used for the intended purpose.
4. Scholarships are open to any student entering or attending an accredited degree granting institution. Evidence of enrollment is required.
5. Preference will be given to students who will be or are pursuing a degree as a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine or Veterinary Technician and who demonstrate their dedication and interest in the human-animal bond.
6. Full-time and part-time students are eligible for consideration.
7. All decisions of FPOW and its Scholarship Committee are final.
8. Application deadline is July 31, 2013; award recipient(s) will be notified in late August. The scholarship will be announced and awarded on September 9, 2013 at the FPOW Annual Meeting.
9. Scholarships will be awarded without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or state of physical handicap.
10. Incomplete or tardy applications will not be considered.
11. The scholarship amount for 2013 is $200.00
12. Candidates and Award recipients may apply for future scholarships.
13. Recipient promises that, within six to ten months of being awarded the scholarship, they will notify in writing (letter or email) the FPOW Board of Directors regarding how their scholarship was used, and their current success and future plans. Note: this is just a brief update and need not be lengthy or time consuming. Information provided by recipient may be used in FPOW promotional materials and newsletters.